The thoughts, ideas, findings, and fancies of a Catholic student at Our Lady's University.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

FOR TODAY May 27...
Outside My Window... darkness. I did notice, though, that the accursed masonry work they're doing on this building seems to be making progress. For some reason, they have to replace a 3-brick-high section of the wall all around the building, and the concrete dust means that we have to shut our AC off from 9-5 and cover the vents with these cumbersome plastic shields.
I am thinking... that actually going out running on three consecutive days is a new personal record.
I am thankful for... roommates with whom I get along well. I'll use that one tomorrow; as I was writing, the hall director came in with a room/front door key for me.
From the kitchen... because we had staff training this evening, ORLH paid for us to eat in the dining hall. Well, the roommates and I are pretty sure that we built up a tolerance to DH food, and it's completely gone now.
I am wearing... sweats and a t-shirt, having just gone for a run.
I am creating... a pair of socks. It's a big experiment, and I'm sure I'll end up tearing it out more than once.
I am going... to spend tomorrow in staff training, learning that there's no "i" in "team".
I am reading... a book I found while browsing in the library over the weekend: "The Catholic Youth's Guide to Life and Love". Published in 1960, it's pretty interesting, actually; I'll probably end up writing a post on it later this week.
I am hoping... that Alumni Reunion weekend (which actually runs Thursday-Saturday) isn't as much of a headache as it sounds like it's going to be. 240 members of the class of '68 in our dorm. Between the three staff members, we need to cover the front desk from 8:00am-midnight every day.
I am hearing... the air coming out of the vents next to me. The clicking of my keyboard.
Around the house... I'm not expecting to be in my room a lot this week, so I'm going to have to try not to just toss stuff on the floor when I pop in and out.
One of my favorite things... free food.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Staff training tomorrow, reunion weekend
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Labels:

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com