The thoughts, ideas, findings, and fancies of a Catholic student at Our Lady's University.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

I am quite convinced that were it not for my guardian angel, I would sleep through far more things than I do now. This morning, I needed to pick Kim up at 6:30 so that we could make it to 7:00 Mass. Since I haven't exactly been an early bird this week, I decided to finally plug in my alarm clock last night (I had just been using my cell phone's alarm, but it's far too easy to push "off" rather than "snooze"). So, after stringing an extension cord halfway across the room (which has a sad lack of outlets), I set my alarm. I had a headache, and was having sort of a brain-disconnected-from-head-and-body evening, so I was very deliberate in setting it. I double-checked the time, and the fact that it was indeed set, and then, as an afterthought, checked to make sure that the alarm was set for AM. All was well. Why then, you ask, did I wake up at 6:27, in a panic? Well, in my careful checking of the alarm's setting, I forgot to make sure that the clock itself was on AM. Whoops. Needless to say, I attribute the fact that I woke up (more or less) on time to something besides myself.

(In case you're wondering, I am very proud to say that I got dressed, got to my car, and made it across campus in exactly 10 minutes. And we were still early for Mass.)

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com