The thoughts, ideas, findings, and fancies of a Catholic student at Our Lady's University.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

And you thought the NAB's Psalms were poorly translated...

From this week's Catholic Spirit:

What would the psalms sound like if they were written by a woman? Noting the masculine authorship and language of the psalms, Barbara Bonda set out to rewrite them from the perspective of a female psalmist. Even the images of God she chooses are feminine and motherly.

My mother is my shepherd and I lack nothing. She lays me down in green grass and carries fresh water to me. I can rest in her watchfulness while my soul is restored. She leads me along the path to wholeness...
I don't know that my description would be "refreshing and reflective," but I can think of a few other words...

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com