The thoughts, ideas, findings, and fancies of a Catholic student at Our Lady's University.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Reading between the lines

The good folks over at RaptureReady seem to have stumbled across a plethora of hidden Christian messages in secular music.

1. Walking on the Sun (Son): "So don't delay, act now, supplies are runnin' out,.." "but if the offer's shunned, you might as well be walking on the sun (Son)." and "watch the world get Bush-whacked (President Bush?)" Last days.

1. Don't Know Why: (MTV's Best Song 2003) "I waited 'til I saw the sun (Son), don't know why I didn't come. Left you by the house of fun (Earth and its sin).."

And my personal favorite:

Bright Lights: "Well, some things in this world you just can't change. Some things you can't see (Rapture and Jesus) until it gets too late." and "Baby, baby, baby when all your love is gone, who will save me from all I'm up against out in this world? (Jesus will) Well, maybe, maybe, maybe you'll find something that's enough to keep you, but if the bright lights don't receive you, well turn yourself around and come on home (Heaven)." and "Let that city take you down, yeah for God sakes turn around (Before it's too late)." and"..yeah I got a scar (Jesus' scar) I can talk about."

(hat tip to Katie for finding this site)

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com