The thoughts, ideas, findings, and fancies of a Catholic student at Our Lady's University.

Monday, March 07, 2005

It's Just So Hard to Call Some Bishops "Your Excellency"

I just happened upon this statement from Bishop Robert Lynch of the Diocese of St. Petersburg, Florida regarding Terri Schiavo. I alternated between laughing at the ludicrousness of it and being too outraged to see straight. It wouldn't have been so bad if he had just completely missed the point - not that I'm against reconciliation between the opposed parties, but I do think there are more important things here - but it was when he went on to imply that Terri's death was impending, imminent, and unavoidable that I got more than a little P.O.ed. And then insinuating that her parents were responsible for keeping everyone from acheiving "peace." If his definition of peace is that innocent people can be murdered without any sort of imposition, then I pray that we never be at peace.

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com