The thoughts, ideas, findings, and fancies of a Catholic student at Our Lady's University.

Monday, August 29, 2005

I was browsing a list of campus organizations at the college where I'm taking several courses, and I discovered a few things that made me raise an eyebrow:
  • First on the list is "1 For All: Christian Fellowship." A very nice group, I'm sure, but their bulletin board in the hallway contains a scripture passage which they quote as being from the book of "Isaih." Not familiar with that one.
  • Then comes the Biology Club. I'm not exactly sure what they do, but I can just picture all sorts of...stuff getting passed off as a group project.
  • Is anyone surprised to learn that the advisor of "GLBT Unity" is also the advisor for the Psychology Club? Incidentally, their group activities are listed as "Movies (documentary and fiction)
  • I was amused to discover that we have both a Multicultural Club and a Muslim Student Association. You'd think there would be a lot of overlap (Anoka County isn't that diverse). For further amusement, observe that the name of the Muslim Student Association's advisor is Patty Pieper. Now that's a Muslim name if ever I've heard one.
So, I think I've found a few ways to get involved this semester. Fix the Christian Fellowship bulletin board in bold red ink...slip the GLBT a few movie suggestions (I bet Focus on the Family has something appropriate)...ah, yes, I'm going to have fun this year.

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com