The thoughts, ideas, findings, and fancies of a Catholic student at Our Lady's University.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Crunching Numbers

Let's do a quick comparison of some numbers relating to last week's March for Life and yesterday's anti-war protest.


March for Life

Anti-War Protest

Rally attendance

140,000*

“Tens of thousands”

Words in the AP story

267**

999




*I got this number from the National Catholic Register. The NY Times reduces that number to mere "thousands". Not having been there, it's hard for me to say which number is more accurate, but judging from the attendance of past years' marches, I'm inclined to believe that NCR's number is closer to the truth.

**The only AP article I could find that related to the March actually dealt more with the GOP Presidential candidates who were at the March. If someone knows of an article that deals more directly with the March itself, let me know. Otherwise, I'm sticking with my umbers.

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com